1. Nested boxes, the outer, largest box is a weathered but sturdy traveler's chest, locked with an ordinary padlock. The inner boxes are finely crafted, each different, and of more expensive material and craftsmanship (2d4x100 GP value ea) as they become smaller, each has a magical ward, none are locked. Innermost box contains one Potion of the Big Heal, which restores all but 1d4 HP of damage.
Ebony, silver accents, Glyph of Paralysis
Crimson bloodroot, purple garnets, Fire Trap, 1d4+12 damage
Copper and Bronze, Glyph, Electricity
Fitted ivory, gold tracery, onyx inlay, Curse, Fear Spell
Jade, deep green, reliefs of vines, citrine flowers, Glyph, Blindness
Gold, mirrored lid, tiny pearls, Magic Mouth, screams bloody murder until shut, resists with STR of 19
2. Talking, Mimic-like adamantium plated metal box will only relinquish some fabulous Magic Item, which it will happily describe at length, if 'fed' two Magic Items it deems acceptable
3. Box of Faith; nondescript chest contains a sandwich, a location beacon, a short sword, a helmet, and a potion. If any item is used, all others must be used during a one-time 24 hr window, thereafter all but the beacon become non-magical. The sandwich satisfies all hunger, and all Saves are rolled with Advantage. The location beacon is a crystal sphere which will shine as a Light Spell in a 10’ radius, or ‘strobe’ with the same intensity. The sword is +1, and Vorpal. The helm adds +4AC. The Potion is Healing for 3d8+3, or three doses of 1d8 ea
4. Six Pack; leather satchel, padded compartments hold six Potions, each corresponds to an Ability Score, will raise this stat to 18 for one day
5. Pencil Box; fine quality writing set, exquisitely enameled porcelain, contains quills, rare inks, 40 sheets of vellum parchment. There's a random Scroll inserted somewhere in the stack, and there is just enough extra-special magical ink to allow on memorized Spell to be transcribed into Scroll form in only 1 Turn/Spell Level, and the copied Spell is not expended doing so. Only the writer can use the Scroll.
6. Puzzle Box; various exotic woods, layers of fitted panels slide and shift, the exact combination must be performed to open, roll vs INT, ten successive successes (one roll/rnd) reveal the Magic Ring rattling around in there.