Monday, November 26, 2018

That Time When We Scored a Ring of Three Wishes

That time back in the day, trying to tackle the Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl with too few PCs, because the G-Series is LOADED with loot... and we soon stumbled across the lair of the Remorhaz on the floor of the Rift, and had to use nearly all our Healing, after it beat hell out of the Party...  That's when we found the Ring of Three Wishes, and started spouting all manner of wacky ideas, and I suggested,

"Let's Wish that all the Magic Items within a ten 
mile radius be Teleported to a pile at our feet!"

Our DM just stared at me, and I followed with, "What?!  We'll still explore the module!"
I was flatly disallowed, which came as no surprise, but I still laugh when I think of the look on his face, and think of how much fun it would have been to storm the Jarl's lair, plunged into chaos as all magic stuff just disappeared, and then slaughter every inhabitant with a massive arsenal of their own magic... and not, as it turned out, be caught in a massive glacier collapse, as the result of a foolish Earthquake Spell...

No comments: