These are divided into "Good" and "Bad" categories; Psionic (Mental) and other unobvious Mutations are most often considered positive, a blessing, but observable Physical Mutations - even those with potentially useful side effects - are considered a sign of degeneration, a curse, and those afflicted are most often shunned. Good Mutations can be used 1/day, Duration 1 Turn, some Mutations can be employed simultaneously &/or in conjunction, but only one can be activated/rnd. When exposed to Radiation, a Failed Save of 1=gain one Bad Mutation, Save of 20=gain one Good Mutation.
PSIONIC and BENEFICIAL MUTATIONS (‘The Good’, roll d% and divide by 2)
1. PLAYER'S CHOICE (#2-#49), or Remove one BM
2. ALTER MASS allowing Water Walking, Feather Fall, etc. or increase for 1/2 dam vs blunt weapons
3. "BLIND EYE" Save vs Mutation or thereafter be completely unaware of mutant's existence, unless/until attacked
4. BLINK Teleport 1" in random direction, arrive safely, 1/r
5. CLAIRAUDIENCE "listen in" on areas up to 10" away
6. CLAIRVOYANCE "remote view" up to 10"
7. VAMPIRIC TOUCH 1d6 by touch, gain ½ of damage done as HP
8. SECOND CHANCE roll twice for any action roll (TH, CW, Open Doors, etc), better roll applies
9. ANIMAL TELEPATHY
10. DETECTION random sense (d6) can be enhanced to detect (1d4) magic, lies, illusions, align.
11. DOMINATION as Charm, save negates, effects equal/lesser HD/lvl, req concentration
12. DUAL BRAIN brain "partitions" into two separate brains, allowing two saves vs any Mental Effect, allows two actions/rnd (subject to believability), ambidextrous attack w/o penalty
13. HEALING HAND Heal self, others for HP=to CON+CON Bonus, total/use (ex: CON of 16 = +2, so 16+2=18 HP could be healed; 18 all at once, 9 twice, 6 three times, etc)
14. BRAIN WIPE Save or be unable to employ Mutations, cast Spells, or perform complex mental tasks
15. BAD TOUCH transmit a particular Bad Mutation (roll randomly to initially determine) by touch
16. ENERGY SHIELD force shield reduces energy damage by ½
17. MENTAL MIRROR mental attacks, spells rebound upon origin, if Save made
18. E.S.P. read mind of any sentient, save applies
19. LASER EYE eyes emit 30' ray; Laser for 1d6 dam/each
20. SHOCKER 1d8 by touch, or 2d8 arc w/in 15’, Save for ½, unless armored in metal
21. GAMMA STRENGTH eyes glow green, STR of 19 (+4/+4), don't make him angry.
22. HASTE halve intitiative rolls, dbl movement speed, dbl AT, dbl your fun
23. PSYCHIC BLADE as longsword, bypasses all physical armor and magical AC protection; basically a ‘touch’ attack
24. REPULSION force field auto. turns aside one AT/rnd, or repels/halts target which fails Save
25. PAIN BROADCAST causes victim to be at -1/rnd AT, Dam, AC, most other rolls, cumulative
26. INTUITION +2 intitiative, +2 TH, +2 for some Saves, as per DM
27. KINETIC SHIELD physical dam reduced by ½
28. LIGHTWAVE MANIPULATION Light/Dark 10' rad, and just might deflect Lasers, only one effect/use
29. MENTAL BLAST 3-18 dam vs living brain, save for 1/2 damage, plus Stun for 1rnd, save negates
30. MENTAL SHIELD blocks/negates any one mind-affecting Mutation or Spell/rnd
31. MOLECULAR DISRUPTION takes entire turn to use, disintegrates up to 1 cubic feet of matter, reduces user to state of complete exhaustion
32. MUTATION IMITATION allows use of any Mutation used within the user's presence on that day
33. MUTATION MULTIPLICATION allows any other one Mutation to be used 2x/day
34. PSYCHOMETRY reading of "psychic impressions" allows mental viewing of history of item scanned
35. PYRO(or CRYO)KENESIS raise/lower temp of one object/creature, doing 1HP dam/rnd, cumulative (1 first rnd, 2 2nd, 3 3rd, etc), no Save
36. RADAR/SONAR operate normally in Darkness, fog, etc., "detects" Invisibility
37. REGENERATION 1d4HP/rnd
38. EMPATHIC INFLUENCE detect presence of living creatures and their emotional state for one turn, or, can attempt to instill an emotion (and appropriate response), up to 10” (Fear, Peace, Happiness, Sadness…), but only once
39. PRECOGNITION predict events/actions (not necessarily outcomes) one rnd in advance
40. LEVEL UP XP lvl increase of 1d4, gain all benefits for duration
41. TELEKINETIC ARM "remote limb" operates up to 30' exactly as normal limb
42. TELEPATHY communicate with any creature w/a brain
43. WAVE OF INSANITY as Confusion, Save negates, one target/rnd
44. HP INCREASE HP temporarily doubled, regardless of current HP (standard 1trn dur)
45. LUCKY gain two Saves, better roll applies
46. POISON ADAPTATION this mutation allows the recipient to actively negate the effects, any damage
47. DREAD JEDI MINDF*CK as per Suggestion Spell, CON bonus applied as penalty to Save
48. METABOLIC INTEGRITY unaffected by Petrifaction, Polymorph, Withering, possibly other changes to body structure
49. HYPERSIGHT able to clearly see detailed view of very distant/tiny things, or into ultraviolet spectrum
50. WILD MUTATION re-roll randomly to determine Mutation o' the Day
DETRIMENTAL MUTATIONS (The Bad and the Ugly) (d50)
Most are Constant, permanent effects, outside control of Mutant
1. EXTRA LIMB useable, but does not add addit action/rnd
2. TENDRILS or CILIA replaces hair?
3. HORNS/ANTLERS could head-butt for 1d4 dam, no truly useful application
4. THE CRUSTIES crusty, weeping sores. Healing is -1/die, natural healing at max of 1 HP/day
5. BLIND EYE completely unaware of one type of creature ("what dinosaur? I don't see any.... ooof!")
6. XENO LIMB as per Extra Limb, but differs from those currently possesed (tentacle, bird claw, etc)
7. HEMOPHILIA +1 HP/die vs cutting dam, plus lose addit 1 HP/rnd from ea such wound until treated
8. BERSERKER murderous rage when attacked, goes nuts and attacks nearest creature for 1 turn
9. BAD HAIR either lose it all, or grow too much
10. PARTIAL CARAPACE exoskeleton does add +1 bonus to AC, but looks really creepy, -1 Initiative
11. LONGER/SHORTER LIMB(S) cannot buy clothing "off the rack", plus attendant problems
12. TALLER/SMALLER by about 25%
13. TAIL or bifurcated tail, if ya already got one. possibly prehensile.
14. EXAGERATED FEATURE "bug-eyed", "bat-eared", "beak-nosed", "duck-lipped", etc.
15. THE STANK peculiar stink attracts monsters, prevents surprising, etc.
16. CANNIBALISM must eat flesh of own species
17. ALBINISM -1 in the sun, +1/die Laser dam, prone to sunburn
18. INVOLUNTARY CHAMELEON SKIN kinda like a mood ring
19. POISON SUSCEPTIBILITY no save vs one type: Contact, Ingested, Inhaled, or Insinuated
20. LIMB CHANGE currently possesed limb is altered (tentacle, lobster claw, etc)
21. THE LUMPIES afflicted with lumps, warts, etc. to an excessive and disgusting degree
22. IMMUNODEFICIENT sick with something all the time, no save vs disease
23. PHOBIA fear reaction toward something specific (d6) Arachnids, Reptiles, Undead, Robots,
Slimes, Humanoids. Must save vs WIS each rnd, or 50% paralyzed, 50% run away
24. AMPHIBIOUS gotta stay moist, or take 1 HP dam/trn
25. ETTINISM "that dude's got two heads, man!" Second head same as the original. At first.
26. SLOW as per Spell... all... the... time
27. NIGHT BLINDNESS problems during darkness/nighttime (-1 AC, TH, Dam, Initiative, Saves)
28. WITHERED/ATROPHIED LIMB useless
29. BIOLUMINESCENCE not as cool as it might seem
30. EYESTALKS sure, you can look around corners, but try getting a date. possibly retractable
31. SENSORY DEFICIENCY one random sense (d6) ain't right
32. WEIRD FEATURE gills, antennae, scales.. don't do a damn thing but look odd
33. SEIZURES save in stress situation, or fish-out for 2d4 rnds
34. BAD BRAIN secondary brain req two saves, but failure of either means failure of both, bad advice
35. DOWNWARD SPIRAL subsequent radiation exposure always results in Bad Mutation
36. TRANSPARENT SKIN/EXOSKELETON just plain creepy
37. MYCETIC SMUT sprout colonies of fungal polyps, drain 1d4 HP/day
38. MISPLACED FEATURES yer mug is all messed-up
39. REVERSE ESP uncontrollable thought broadcast, like Psionic Tourette's
40. MUTATION REDUCTION Good Mutations reduced to 1 use/day
41. VAMPIRIC DEPENDENCY must drink blood to survive, incisors change to fangs, or maybe a siphoning proboscis develops, 25% must be own species
42. ALLERGY (d4): humanoids, pollen, one specific type monster, light. Uncontrollable sneezing and wheezing w/in 30' causes -1 to AC, TH, Dam, and Saves
43. SECRET EYE extra, functional eye, somewhere on body. Player decides where.
44. TRAUMA MUTATION subsequently, if reduced to negative HP, and revived, auto gain Random BM
45. GAMMA FLAPS skin grows continuously at much faster rate than necessary, resulting in something that looks like a bug trying unsuccessfully to molt
46. THE VOICES uncontrollable ESP, causes maddening cacophony on the brain
47. REDUCED ABILITY SCORE -1d4 (determine once) to random ability, min score of 1
48. FROGGY bulging eyes, wide mouth, prehensile tongue, freaky digits, rubbery. Grody.
49. BODY DEVOLUTION regress along evolutionary lines; Humans transform into Apemen, Apemen into Chimps, Reptilians into Lizards, etc. Mind unaffected.
50. DM'S CHOICE
SPECIAL THANKS to Gamma World, Mutant Future, The Metamorphica, The Weirdlands of Xhuul Mutations, Encounter Critical, and also 1st ed AD&D Psionics and Carcosa!